Mon, 14 Aug|
online via zoom
Kanban System Design
Walk away with the confidence to design and operate a real life Kanban System that you can use immediately to improve your delivery.
Time & Location
14 Aug, 09:00 SAST – 16 Aug, 09:00 SAST
online via zoom
About the event
This course will take place remotely over 3 days - 14-16 August 2023 (09:00-15:00 SAST daily)
Join us as we explore the Kanban Method through immersive practice and case studies.
We will unpack and experience the Kanban Method as a management method, designed to improve service delivery, catalyse improvements and evolve a business to be “fit for purpose”. In this class, we will cover simple concepts that are powerful in helping you organise, understand and manage your work through pragmatic, actionable and evidence-based guidance that you can apply immediately.
Most importantly, you will learn how to design a Kanban system and initiate evolutionary change using Kanban. Learn how to harness the power of flow-based work management to reduce over-burdening and burnout, while delivering with higher predictability.
You will learn
- Kanban’s Origin and the Kanban Agendas
- the principle of “flow” by experiencing it in real time
- the principles and practices behind the Kanban Method
- how to utilize the Systems Thinking Approach to Introducing Kanban (STATIK) to understand your systems of work
- how to design your initial Kanban system
- the fundamentals of visual board design and card design
- how to identify work item types and classes of service
- Kanban as an evolutionary change method
- high level understanding of the Kanban Maturity Model - as a means to evolving and improving your Kanban
Is this course for you?
This course is suited for those who want to acquire solid knowledge about the core of the Kanban Method, and want to design or improve Kanban systems.
This particularly includes but is not limited to:
- Project / Program Manager
- Team leads, Managers
- Development leads
- Business Analysts, Scrum Product Owners, ScrumMasters
- Team Members
Prerequisites: No previous Kanban training or experience is required so all experience levels are welcome!
What participants will get
Participants get training certified by Kanban University which includes:
- Coursework and materials
- Digital copy of David J Anderson’s book “Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for Your Technology Business”
- Certificate of Completion of LeanKanban University’s Certified Kanban Training (KMP 1)
- Practical knowledge you can implement in your organization immediately
- Trainers who are highly experienced in implementing the Kanban Method in numerous organisations and situations.
This course is the first of two courses required to be awarded the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) accreditation. To achieve full KMP status, students must also take the KMP 2 (Kanban System Improvement) course.
- Computer with video camera, microphone, speakers / headphones.
- Internet connection capable of supporting streaming video meetings.
- Latest Chrome internet browser.
- Latest version of Zoom.
- Miro - online collaborative whiteboard platform
- Slack messaging app
All Zoom/Miro/Slack links will be shared with participants prior to training.