Mon, 27 Feb|
online via zoom
Kanban System Improvement
Manage and evolve a Kanban initiative. Scale beyond the team level.
Time & Location
27 Feb, 09:00 SAST – 01 Mar, 15:00 SAST
online via zoom
About the event
This course will take place remotely over 3 days, 27 February - 01 March 2023 (09:00-15:00 SAST daily)
The Kanban Systems Improvement (KSI) course concentrates on the complex demands of a multi-teamed organisation and explores how to maintain momentum beyond initial improvements realised from a successful Kanban implementation.
You will learn how to extend your previous knowledge established during the Kanban System Design course. You will explore the rollout and daily operation of a Kanban system. You will consider what type of Kanban initiative is most appropriate for your organisation and how to effectively manage and evolve it over time. Learn how to improve agility with asymmetrical commitment and regular cadences for meetings and feedback. The class also covers metrics and effective policies.
You will learn
- The basics of evolutionary change and why it is the preferred, humane approach and effective at dealing with resistance to change
- To utilise the Kanban cadences to provide important feedback loops to grow, evolve, and improve your Kanban system for continuous improvement and sustainable customer satisfaction
- To manage dependencies across multiple Kanban systems
- The fundamental Kanban metrics to utilise them to make informed decisions
- Tools for balancing demand and capacity, including managing variability, improving flow, and shaping demand.
- Introduction to the Kanban Maturity Model (KMM)
Is this course for you?
Are you currently using a Kanban system, have prior experience with Kanban, or are currently in the KMP training series and wish to expand your knowledge on scaling Kanban and deepening your knowledge on how to catalyse true improvement? This course will assist you on how to implement continuous improvement for sustainable customer satisfaction.
This course may be of particular interest to:
- Project / Program Managers
- Team leads, Managers
- Development leads
- Business Analysts, Scrum Product Owners, ScrumMasters
- Team Members
Prerequisites: Attendees are expected to have been operating one or more Kanban Systems as we will be working with improving your systems during this class. Attendees need to have completed the Kanban System Design (KSD) class.
What you will get
- Participants get training certified by Kanban University which includes:
- Coursework and all materials co-created in the class
- Digital copy of David J Anderson’s book “Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for Your Technology Business”
- Practical knowledge you can implement in your organisation immediately
- Trainers who are highly experienced in implementing the Kanban Method in numerous organisations and situations.
- Case studies and and introduction on the Kanban Maturity Model
This course is the second of two courses required to be awarded the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) accreditation. To achieve full KMP status, students must also take the Kanban System Design (KSD) course.
- Computer with video camera, microphone, speakers / headphones.
- Internet connection capable of supporting streaming video meetings.
- Latest Chrome internet browser.
- Latest version of Zoom.
- Miro - online collaborative whiteboard platform
- Slack messaging app
All Zoom/Miro/Slack links will be shared with participants prior to training.